Chicken Kebabs – Murgh Tikka
Kebabs served as an appetizer or starter on short bamboo skewers. Serve with Mint Chutney or use to make Chicken Tikka Masala
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- 500 grams Boneless Chicken
- 8–12 Bamboo skewers soaked in water for 30 mins.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Wash the chicken with cold water and cut into 2cm cubes
- The make the marinade
- Mix together 3 tablespoons of the oil and the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl
- Add the chicken and stir well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Heat the oven to 230c
- While the oven heats remove the chicken from the fridge and let come to room temperature
- Spread the remaining oil evenly on a baking sheet.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers and lay onto the baking sheet
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Turn and bake for a further 7 minutes, or until there is no more signs of pink when you insert a knife into the chicken.
- Enjoy hot or allow to cool and refridgerate for later
Used in this recipe
[product_tag tags=”tandoor,fry,garlic” per_page=”8″]