- 350g (12oz) Basmati Rice
- Weigh out the rice, then measure it out again in a mug. Make a note of how many mug-fulls. Place in a medium pan. Fill the pan with cold water. Using your hand , stir the rice in the water to release the rice dust into the water.
- Next drain the rice and using your mug, add one and a half times as much hot water into the same pan. This should give you the right amount of water in the pan for the rice to absorb.
- Bring the pan to the boil , then lower the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until all the water is absorbed and the rice cooked through.
- Never stir the rice while it cooks. That will release the starch and make it sticky.
- Once the rice is ready, leave the lid on the pan for 2 minutes so that the steam can release and stuck grains.
- Remove from the pan and server.
Used in this recipe