Spicy Potato and Chickpea – Aloo Channa Chaat
An explosion of taste for the senses. Easy snack to make at home with easy for find ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 12 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- 4 large potatoes
- 500g tub of natural yoghurt
- 400g tin of chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 3 teaspoon tamarind chutney
- 3 teaspoon coriander chutney
- 2 tablespoon bombay mix (sev)
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small pieces. Place on a microwave dish. Add 5 tablespoons of water and cover with cling-film. OR boil on the hob for 10 minutes.
- Drain and allow to completely cool.
- Rinse the chickpeas and stir the yoghurt.
- In a shallow bowl, layer the potatoes then arrange the chickpeas on top. Spoon over the yoghurt and sprinkle the spices over.
- Now evenly spread the two chutneys into thin layers.
- Garnish with the bombay mix.
Used in this recipe
[product_tag tags=”mint yogurt,mango chutney” per_page=”8″]