- 500g chicken pieces
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (crushed)
- 1 tsp fresh garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 150ml natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 tbp oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- Mixed salad for garnish
- In a large bowl mix together the chicken, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, tumeric, salt, yogurt, lemon juice and coriander.
- Leave to marinate for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight in the fridge.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers, if using wooden skewers then soak in water first.
- Place under a grill on medium heat for 15-20 mins turning regularly OR ideally cook in a tandoor oven to get the authentic flavour of traditional tandoor cooking.
- Serve on a bed of salad
- Add some mint yogurt on the side for that finishing touch.
Used in this recipe
[product_tag tags=”tandoori,tikka” per_page=”8″ order=”desc”]